We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI).
We seek original, unpublished papers documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications,
from all areas of spatial user interaction. User interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this venue.
The symposium solicits full and short papers. Full papers (up to 10 pages) should describe research or design work within the scope
of spatial user interaction. Short papers (up to 4 pages) should address the same topic, but may include preliminary results or
conceptual ideas. Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing process, led by an international program
committee. Submissions must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be under review by
any other publication venue during SUI 2014’s reviewing period.
All papers must be prepared in the ACM SIG
Proceedings format and submitted through the submission system http://precisionconference.com/~sui14. Please note that Option 1 (LaTeX2e - Strict Adherence to SIGS style) is mandatory! Supplementary videos are not required, but
are strongly encouraged.
Submissions should address one or more of the following topics within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education.
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
For accepted papers and posters, at least one author must register for the conference and present the work. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
- Submission deadline: June 27, 2014
- Notification deadline: August 5, 2014
- Camera-ready deadline: August 13, 2014