[mary-dev] Planning for SEMAINE Release 2.0

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Mon Nov 23 10:34:17 CET 2009

Dear SEMAINE developers,

the time is approaching when we must publish SEMAINE Release 2.0. I am
now starting to plan how best to release and distribute the full system,
and how to document the use of it.

Can we have a feature-complete version of the system by Monday 7
December? That leaves us one week to make sure everything integrates
well and runs smoothly.

Can I please have individual feedback on each of the points we agreed in
Belfast (see below), to help my planning?

Thanks a lot, best of success in completing these things.

I'll be in touch with some of you individually to think through the best
way of shipping your components.

Best,
Marc

Hatice:
- improved robustness of head nod and shake detector.
- aiming for arousal and valence from the face – depends on quality of
the facial point tracker; currently assuming perfect quality.

Michel:
- face detection,
- point detection,
- facial point tracking

Mark:
- utterance models – what utterance to choose from the models,
fine-tuned by hand.

Martin:
- gender information.
- improve keyword spotting, train on new semaine data.
- use of linguistic information for emotion recognition within opensmile

Florian:
- aim to deliver a windows version of opensmile-as-a-semaine-component.
- pitch direction interpretations (rising, falling, …).

Elisabetta:
- want to add acoustic backchannel.
- take into account more complex rules for interpreting user input in
order to trigger backchannels.

Etienne:
- add personality to action selection by taking agent identity into account.
- new body for each character.

Marc:
- improved synthetic voices, capable of backchanneling.

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: