[mary-dev] Event notification system?

Paulo Levi i30817 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 04:16:03 CEST 2009

Hi. I'm wondering if MaryTTS has some kind of event notification system?

I'd like to recognize when the "original" words are being spoken.
For example "1995 and counting" is normally translated to "one
thousand nine hundred ninety-five and counting"
I'd like to have a event (_) like this from that original text:
"_one thousand nine hundred ninety-five _and _counting"
So i can highlight words. No need to have the original text length or
position, because that is known to me, but the synchronization problem
is harsh.

I'm aware that this is problematic, taking into account MaryTTS
server/client architecture,
but even if i have to modify the server, it would be useful for me (i
plan to run the server in the same machine as the client).