[mary-dev] What is the xml breakindex attribute in boundary?

Paulo Levi i30817 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 03:53:48 CEST 2009

I'm having problems synchronizing text to speech in with some "."
dots, that appear to be translated to silences.
For example "Mrs."
Translates to this xml where there is no "t" or "mtu" for the dot (.),
 just a boundary apparently. This makes my event system to send wrong
events. Note that i can't use simple whitespace matching because
sometimes the synthesis process break things without white space and
it would go even worse. Any way to get these lengths? (or at least to
fix this particular case, it is already mostly working).
<mtu orig="Mrs">
<boundary/>
<t accent="!H*" g2p_method="rules" ph="' m I - s @ s" pos="NN">
missus
<syllable accent="!H*" ph="m I" stress="1">
<ph d="250" end="0.25" p="m"/>
<ph d="60" end="0.31" p="I"/>
</syllable>
<syllable ph="s @ s">
<ph d="120" end="0.43" p="s"/>
<ph d="40" end="0.47" p="@"/>
<ph d="120" end="0.59000003" p="s"/>
</syllable>
</t>
</mtu>
<boundary breakindex="5" duration="70" tone="L-L%"/>
</phrase>
</prosody>
</s>
<s>