[mary-dev] Tcl/Tk client

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Mon Aug 29 15:15:54 CEST 2011

Thanks, I've taken it on board.

Best,
Marc

On 28.08.11 22:41, H. Sasse wrote:
> I have added the save facility, improved the docs to reflect what is
> happening now, and have
> left notes in the source about open questions which I have not been able
> to resolve at this point.
> The copy and paste seems to be working a bit better than I thought, but
> there are still wrinkles
> in there. I think this is probably all I can do at the moment.
> HTH,
> Hugh
>
> On 26/08/2011 13:56, Marc Schroeder wrote:
>> Hugh,
>>
>> thanks very much for this nice piece of code, and my sincere apologies
>> for leaving it in my inbox for so long.
>>
>> I have now finally committed this into the MARY trunk so that it will be
>> shipped with MARY 5 (whenever that will be ready...).
>>
>> http://mary.opendfki.de/changeset/3060
>>
>> If anyone is willing to add sound output for platforms other than
>> windows, patches are welcome!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Marc
>>

>> On 05.06.11 22:03, H. Sasse wrote:
>>> Attached is a Tcl/Tk client for the MARY TTS system. I know there is
>>> already a Java GUI client, but my
>>> motivation for this was remarks on the Ubuntu Accessibility list that a
>>> java solution was inappropriate
>>> for some reason. Why doesn't really matter.
>>>
>>> First, let's deal with what this doesn't do. At present it doesn't have
>>> a means to save the sound. This
>>> could easily be added by cut-and-paste from the existing code, but I
>>> haven't done it yet. The Edit menu
>>> only has "select all" on it, and that is not implemented yet. I wanted
>>> to leave this open ended as I'd like
>>> to add a facility to insert tags of the correct type and format for the
>>> various XML dialects in use. The
>>> "about"on the help menu doesn't do anything yet. This is pretty much a
>>> draft version, and until
>>> people have given me feedback, I suppose I'd call it 0.0.1. The most
>>> important thing it lacks is the effects sliders. I've not found an
>>> easy-to-parse output from the server that will tell me what affects are
>>> available,
>>> and the parameters and the ranges they take. I can see the information
>>> is there from the documentation
>>> but something easy to tokenise would help. I also have not added the
>>> keyboard shortcuts to the menus
>>> which should be there for accessibility reasons. I'd need to read up on
>>> the conventions for those in order
>>> to make it consistent with curent practice.
>>>
>>> What it does do is pick up the list of voices and formats from the
>>> server, and build the GUI accordingly.
>>> The left window will take input, the right window which is not editable
>>> by the user will display the output
>>> when that is text. At startup it shows the list of voices. The Play
>>> button will generate the output, including
>>> the audio if that is selected.
>>>
>>> I think if this is well recieved and if I can figure out how to do it
>>> I'd like to add the XML editing features,
> [...]

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de
Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: