[mary-dev] [Mary-dev] PronunciationModel not working

fxavier at ircam.fr fxavier at ircam.fr
Mon Jul 4 20:59:50 CEST 2011

Hello Nicolay,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
How do you understand the fact that it does work for TEXT -> PHONEMES and
PHONEMES -> ALLOPHONES, but not for TEXT -> ALLOPHONES? However it shares
the same chain TEXT -> RAWMARYXML -> PHONEMES -> INTONATIONS ->
ALLOPHONES...
I would like to have the voice for french, but when running the
AllophonesExtractor it doesn't work, the same exception occures. So it is
not possible at the moment to define the voice.
I think I have the xml:lang specified, here's my PHONEMES (TEXT -> PHONEMES):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<maryxml xmlns="http://mary.dfki.de/2002/MaryXML"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="0.5"
xml:lang="fr">
<s>
<t ph="_" pos="[ZTRM-&gt;EXCEPTION]"/>
<t ph="saly" pos="[NMS]">
salut
</t>
</s>
</maryxml>

and ALLOPHONES (PHONEMES -> ALLOPHONES):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<maryxml xmlns="http://mary.dfki.de/2002/MaryXML"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="0.5"
xml:lang="fr">
<s>
<phrase>
<t ph="_" pos="[ZTRM-&gt;EXCEPTION]">
<syllable ph="_">
<ph p="_"/>
</syllable>
</t>
<t ph="saly" pos="[NMS]">
salut
<syllable ph="s a l y">
<ph p="s"/>
<ph p="a"/>
<ph p="l"/>
<ph p="y"/>
</syllable>
</t>
<boundary breakindex="5" tone="L-L%"/>
</phrase>
</s>
</maryxml>

You can see xml:lang="fr". Any other ideas? Or is it a bug? I'm sure that
I missed something but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks again,

Florent