[mary-dev] Development process?

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Fri May 6 08:41:17 CEST 2011

Hello Hugh,

reason is simple: time is short, so nobody has found the time to look
into this yet.

I have one comment from the quick look I did into your code: for a
generic reusable client, I would certainly want to decouple the generic
mary client code from platform-specific audio code; if you are willing
to help in this sense, it would be nice to have two separate files for
these two aspects: (a) communication with MARY, should be generic and
reusable; (b) an example for using the client, which can be
platform-specific and use example values for voice, input/output
formats, etc.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Thanks again and best wishes,
Marc

On 06.05.11 01:44, H. Sasse wrote:
> Wandering around the Trac system (http://mary.opendfki.de/browser), as
> far as I can see my contributed
> clients haven't made it into the trunk or any branches. I gather that in
> open source projects it is usual to
> put questionable code on a branch until it is accepted, properly tested,
> or whatever quality process is used.
> Do I need to do anything for this to happen, such as improve some aspect
> of the code?  Or should I take this
> as a polite nonacceptance of the code?
>
> I have looked into supplying clients for Tcl and Lua (not sure how to
> get the sound working for those) and Unicon
> (lack of sound support), and Perl (rather a lot of dependencies, and I
> feel insufficiently fluent to produce a good
> Object, let alone Module), but have not done so due to the bracketed
> reasons.
>
>       Thank you,
>       Hugh

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de
Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: