[mary-dev] TDPSOLA

Jerome Perri jerome.perri at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 10:09:34 CET 2012

Dear Ingmar,

I am still stuck... you said that PSOLA is not used to for concatenation.

I read through a blizzard paper in which is stated:

"
a)
However serious differences between selected units and duration
model sometimes occurs. To handle this we used time-scale modification
algorithm as a part of USLTM. This method works in time
domain, in pitch synchronous way and modifies speech without
any contaminations.
b)
Selected and modified units are then concatenated in time domain
in pitch synchronous way. Overlap and Add (OLA) method is
used.
"

If I give a resume of the above statement, it reads:

a) First we stretch/shrink units to make sure they have the "correct" duration
b) Then TDPSOLA is used for concatenating the units.

But b) would contradict what you said about PSOLA. You said it was used for cosmetics AFTER concatention.

Jerome