[mary-dev] TDPSOLA concatenation (!) in Mary

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at ucd.ie
Mon Nov 26 22:11:28 CET 2012

Dear Jerome,

if you want to implement PSOLA as some kind of educational exercise,
good luck.

Personally, I would strongly warn against trying it out with marytts (or
in Java at all, for that matter). Use something that comes with strong
support for signal processing and allows you to debug or inspect the
data at any point, such as MATLAB, SciPy, or even Praat (probably
well-suited to such a project, in fact).

However, it all depends on how good your programming skills are, and how
much of a learning effort you are willing to make. I'm afraid I can't
help you any further.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

--
Ingmar Steiner
Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Multilingual Ubiquitous Speech Technology (MUSTER)
Computer Science and Informatics
University College Dublin

Speech Communication Laboratory
Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Trinity College Dublin