[mary-dev] [mary-users] Labelling gaps

Jerome Perri jerome.perri at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 12:44:30 CEST 2012

Hi Asif,

that is a very good explanation, I agree with it.
Thank you.

Jerome

From: bizpole at hotmail.ca
To: jerome.perri at hotmail.com; ingmar.steiner at ucd.ie; mary-dev at dfki.de; mary-users at dfki.de
Subject: Re: [mary-users] [mary-dev] Labelling gaps
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 09:22:39 -0400

Hello Jerome,

I am not expert but I will try to explain it by
logic.
I will assume it as a syllable pause.(Phonetic
Pause)
The gap or pause between HO
and TEL is due to syllables of this word.
 HO is 1st block and TEL
is 2nd block of this disyllable word, HO is said completely 1st and
as one block while a pause came before TEL to make a
complete word, TEL caused a gap between both blocks, so in my
opinion gap/pause should be labeled
as a part of T.

Thanks

Asif Mir