[mary-dev] Use of STRAIGHT with openMary

Marcela Charfuelan Marcela.Charfuelan at dfki.de
Wed May 8 10:18:49 CEST 2013

Hello Arpit Goyal,

(here I am assuming you are familiar with the HTS scripts )

I think you would need to modify a bit the scripts provided, basically
you would need to use the context features and questions extracted with
mary, I guess you can extract the acoustic features with the straight
scripts but use MARY for labels and questions.

if you have a look to your hts/data/Makefile  you will find that label
and mlf are calculated with the voice import tools:

# HTS-MARY
# label and mlf are done in java with the voiceimport tools:
HMMVoiceMakeData.makeLabels()
# questions file is done in java with the voiceimport tools:
HMMVoiceMakeData.makeQuestions()

basically what might work is that the steps:

labels: label mlf list scp  <-- in the straight scripts data/Makefile

are done with mary, the rest done as normal.

But I am not sure if the straight scripts use also a straight vocoder,
do you know? if that is the case then the problem is that we ported to
java the MLSA vocoder...  here I am not sure, if the straight scripts
use another vocoder then you will need to somehow generate the
parameters with mary and call the vocoder used in straight...

Regards,
Marcela.

--
  Marcela Charfuelan, Researcher, DFKI GmbH
  Projektbuero Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin, Germany