DFKI-LT - SmartSenior
In order to maintain a good standard of living for senior citizens, the SmartSenior alliance has three goals:
- Living conditions which promote health should be created and safeguarded.
- Active participation in social life should be made possible and promoted.
- Mobility, safety and independence should be maintained and extended.
The following list demonstrates the concrete technological approach taken by SmartSenior:
- SmartSenior concentrates on building communication opportunities suitable for older people. The devices necessary, for example televisions, should be easy and intuitive to use. - SmartSenior develops emergency recognition and assistance systems for save travel, such as an emergency stop assistant for cars.
- SmartSenior integrates existing and new medical services in the areas of prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
- SmartSenior creates solutions to increase safety both at home and on the move.
- SmartSenior carries out field studies into acceptance, benefits, costs and sustainability. Model homes are used as real life laboratories in this research.
DFKI contributes to the sub-projects (TP) 2 "emergency assistance", TP3 "Integrated health care for mobility and quality of life", TP 4 "security for the household and service portal for comfortable living," TP 8 "Adapted etwork and service infrastructure "and 9" User-friendly design and evaluation "
|Funded by:||Federal Ministry of Education and Research|
|Project Manager:||Norbert Reithinger (Norbert.Reithinger@dfki.de)|
|Contact:||Norbert Reithinger (Norbert.Reithinger@dfki.de)|
|Duration:||01.04.2009 - 30.09.2012|