[mary-dev] Emospeak in Dutch

Maarten Van Overveldt plopkot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 19:16:33 CEST 2010

Dear Mary Developpers

For an application we are building we want to use the Emospeak application.
Because we use the principle of Leary's Rose (
http://www.testjegedrag.nl/tjg/zelftest/engels/index.htm) the emotion
selection in emospeak is excellent because it's almost the same.Only one
problem, we want the make it in Dutch. Because there are now databases for
the Emospeak diphone system in Dutch, we probable have to make it ourselves.
On the MARY site there is a lot of support for making a unit selection or
HMM system but not for diphone synthesis. Is It difficult to make an
Emospeak database in Dutch, with the 3 different vocal efforts? What are the
steps I have to take?

Kind regards

Maarten Van Overveldt

--