[mary-users] Fwd: comments regarding accessibility

Marc Schröder schroed at dfki.de
Tue Dec 12 08:54:57 CET 2006

Tony,

thanks a lot for this feedback. Just a quick reply at the moment because
I am thoroughly overloaded with things to do before christmas.

I am grateful for your comments regarding the website, and indeed would
be happy to learn how to do this better. We use Plone (see
http://plone.org), so our accessibility problems are their accessibility
problems.

Adding expressivity is of course one of the challenging research topics
at the moment; no simple solutions exist yet. (but I suppose you have
seen the "EmoSpeak" demo on http://mary.dfki.de/online-demos/emospeak/).

If you want to get a rough (and slightly outdated) overview of the
system, there is the "architecture walkthrough" section of the website,
http://mary.dfki.de/documentation/module-architecture/. In more detail,
things are explained in a journal paper, a pre-print version of which
you can download from
http://mary.dfki.de/documentation/publications/schroeder_trouvain2003.pdf

Hope that gets you started, best wishes,
Marc