[mary-users] Help regarding \'Mary\' for use in Talking Head for Inic languages

mayank madhav mayank_madhav2088 at rediffmail.com
Fri Mar 2 06:01:56 CET 2007

This is with reagrds to use of \'Mary-TTS\' for the Hindi language.We are trying to develop Talking head for Indic languages.We need to integrate it with TTS contacted Marc who referred \'Mary\' as a useful Open-Source TTS.The structure of Mary is flexible and modular enough to make it for any other language.We are trying to make it work for Hindi.Since there is already a Mbrola Database for Hindi there must be a way to make \'Mary\' for Hindi.Could you suggest how Mary sets the appropriate timings and \'Sampa\' phonemes for English and \'German\'?Similar proceadure can be adopted for \'Hindi\' to generate appropriate \'MaryXML\' documents and sound for Hindi text.Any suggestions from Marc or anyone would be really helpful.Thanks