[mary-users] exact Audio Format

Pierre Lison Pierre.Lison at dfki.de
Mon Mar 5 17:25:40 CET 2007

Hello all,

I'm a hiwi student at DFKI (in the Cognitive Systems project), and
I'm currently using Mary for the TTS module of our talking robots.  I
have a small technical question to ask you: what is the *exact* audio
format used in the output stream produced by the Mary client (ie by
the process method), when "WAV" is chosen as the audio type ?

   What I would need to know is:
- the encoding format (ie. PCM, U-LAW, etc.) ;
- the frame size ;
- the frame rate ;
- the sample rate ;
- is it a big or little endian format ?

I want to pipe the output of the TTS to a stream over a (SIP-based)
phone connection, where the audio format is U-Law 8 KHz.. and in
order to convert the audio data into this particular format, I need
to know the exact initial format first !  And I didn't find this
information anywhere in the docs.

Thanks for your help !

--
Pierre Lison (student in Computational Linguistics)
Blumenstraße 17,        Web:    www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~pierrel