[mary-users] Mary TTS on an Intel MacBook Pro? Installation problem

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Wed Oct 24 08:58:50 CEST 2007

Hi Brigitte,

Brigitte schrieb:
> we tried to install Mary TTS on a MacBook Pro,
> The first suprise: We downloaded the newest release 3.1.0 and got
> 3.1.beta1. Is this correct?

No. This must be the source of the other difficulties you are reporting.
I just checked, the links on the download page point to the right
installer files, and the system installing correctly reports itself (and
starts up on my MacBook Pro) as a MARY 3.1.0 system.

Have you got, by any chance, a previously installed version of the MARY
system on your machine, with paths or class paths mixed up? Remove the
old version before installing the new version; or else be very conscious
of which version you are installing into which directory.

DO NOT install the new version over the old version in the same directory.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Marc