[mary-users] App for dissabled

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Thu Apr 24 11:28:11 CEST 2008

Hi,

Ignacio Guarinos schrieb:
> Hello Marc, we are currently working in a Web Accesibility Project in
> Spain and we would like to know if you have as well a Server versión for
> Mary.

MARY is a TTS client-server system -- you run a server, and then you can
connect with any client to it.

> I’m a little confused about what you have at your site at the moment.

We provide the system for download, so that you can run your own server
and client on your own computers. For demo purposes, we also have an
online demo running on our portal http://mary.dfki.de

> Is it a TTS for personal use in personal computer or the server engine
> to convert speech?

It can be both, depending on how you install or use it. Run the server
on the local machine, and it's a TTS for personal use; run a server on
the web and connect through a web application, and it's a server engine
to convert text into speech.

> As it is java based, will we need to install something in a lynux server
> or will it be enough to upload the java modules?

You need sun java, version 1.5 or newer; then you can run the MARY
installer which will do the rest.

> Can we interact with your server TTS ?

No, our server is there only for demo purposes, using it for other
purposes is not a good idea.

> Sorry for not using the mailing list, but I subscribe myself months ago
> with a single question and never get any feedback.

Sorry to hear that. I try to answer questions as I can, but sometimes I
get overwhelmed. This time you were lucky ;-)

Regards,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: