[mary-users] Using Mary voice in Window application

Alexander Grau alexandergrau at gmx.de
Fri Feb 13 14:01:22 CET 2009

Hello Claudio,

There are a few packages that allow you to *use* MSSAPI engines from Java...
http://www.cloudgarden.com/JSAPI/
http://www.quadmore.com/JAVA_to_SAPI/index.html

... but it seems these do not allow the other way around (*implementing*
an MSSAPI engine in Java)

However, here's a C++ project that shows how an MSSAPI engine is built:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/DkgAllSapiCompliant.aspx?fid=33971&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick&select=1004736

So, generally one need to:
1. Implement the MSSAPI engine interface (in C++)
2. Bind it to the Mary Java interface (using C++/JNI)

This is no easy task at all - I couldn't find any ready solution
implementing this idea. Please contact me if you are interested in
having us to implement this.

Regards,
Alexander