[mary-users] Using Mary voice in Window application

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Thu Feb 19 08:17:42 CET 2009

Claudio, Alexander,

indeed, there is no SAPI support coming with MARY TTS yet. I agree that
the approach sketched by Alexander sounds like the way to go.

If you are working on this, I'd be happy to know about it -- and if you
get it to work and are willing to release the result as open source, we
should talk about integrating it into a future MARY release.

Best regards,
Marc

Alexander Grau schrieb:
> Hello Claudio,
>
> There are a few packages that allow you to *use* MSSAPI engines from Java...
> http://www.cloudgarden.com/JSAPI/
> http://www.quadmore.com/JAVA_to_SAPI/index.html
>
> ... but it seems these do not allow the other way around (*implementing*
> an MSSAPI engine in Java)
>
> However, here's a C++ project that shows how an MSSAPI engine is built:
> http://www.codeproject.com/KB/audio-video/DkgAllSapiCompliant.aspx?fid=33971&df=90&mpp=25&noise=3&sort=Position&view=Quick&select=1004736
>
> So, generally one need to:
> 1. Implement the MSSAPI engine interface (in C++)
> 2. Bind it to the Mary Java interface (using C++/JNI)
>
> This is no easy task at all - I couldn't find any ready solution
> implementing this idea. Please contact me if you are interested in
> having us to implement this.
>
> Regards,
> Alexander
>
> Claudio schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>   I have recorded my voice using festival and Mary.
>> Now I would like to install my voice within a window
>> application that accept MSAPI compliant voices.
>> Does anybody know if I can make a Mary voice MSAPI compliant ?
>>
>> Any help, suggestion is welcome
>>
>> Claudio

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: