[mary-users] Too many jars

Paulo Levi i30817 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 20:47:08 CET 2009

I was trying to make a minimal set of jars and things needed to make a
plugin system, where my users can just download a optional package and
voila there is a HMM voice.
To this end i was trying to use the Request object and use threading
myself. The returned voices were a empty array. After much skulking in
the source i am more confused than ever. As an aside Mary server is a
mess.

Is freetts needed at all?
I don't want to use a server client approach.
The module system is highly confusing and i'd like not to use it at
all if possible. Looking at HTSSynthesizer it appears that i can, but
not for the voices themselves. How can i simulate the configuration of
each voice in code instead?

What are the jars that can be safely eliminated from the distribution
if only using english hmm voices?
If later a user decides to use hmm german voices? Or adding for
example the english tagger (or any new other) Mary can use it
automatically?