[mary-users] Headless install?

Clifton Craig clifton.craig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 04:00:56 CET 2009

Help!

I need to install Mary on a remote Linux server without an X11 display. Is
there an available tutorial on how to perform headless installs? I tried
copying a pre-installed mary from my local Linux machine and switching
MARYBASE in the maryserver shell script but then I got an exception on
startup:
MARY server 3.6.0 starting...Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error:
Module XML2Utt TokensEn: Power-on self test failed.
        at
de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.InternalModule.powerOnSelfTest(InternalModule.java:134)
        at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:285)
        at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.startup(Mary.java:406)
        at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.main(Mary.java:471)
Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError
        at de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.XML2UttBase.process(XML2UttBase.java:122)
        at
de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.InternalModule.powerOnSelfTest(InternalModule.java:132)
        ... 3 more
I need help getting mary up and running on this Linux host to do a demo. Can
somebody help me?