[mary-users] Headless install?

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Wed Nov 11 08:11:15 CET 2009

Hi,

good point. I would have tried the same method as you; I assume that the
processor architecture (32 vs. 64 bit) is the same between local and
server linux, right?

The assertion you get is this:
http://mary.opendfki.de/browser/tags/3.6.0/java/de/dfki/lt/mary/modules/XML2UttBase.java#L122

No voice could be found. Can you trace this down by describing which
voices and languages you installed, and sending the
MARYBASE/log/server.log after a startup attempt with
	maryserver -Dlog.level=debug
?

Regards,
Marc

Clifton Craig schrieb:
> Help!
>
> I need to install Mary on a remote Linux server without an X11 display.
> Is there an available tutorial on how to perform headless installs? I
> tried copying a pre-installed mary from my local Linux machine and
> switching MARYBASE in the maryserver shell script but then I got an
> exception on startup:
> MARY server 3.6.0 starting...Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error:
> Module XML2Utt TokensEn: Power-on self test failed.
>         at
> de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.InternalModule.powerOnSelfTest(InternalModule.java:134)
>         at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:285)
>         at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.startup(Mary.java:406)
>         at de.dfki.lt.mary.Mary.main(Mary.java:471)
> Caused by: java.lang.AssertionError
>         at de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.XML2UttBase.process(XML2UttBase.java:122)
>         at
> de.dfki.lt.mary.modules.InternalModule.powerOnSelfTest(InternalModule.java:132)
>         ... 3 more
> I need help getting mary up and running on this Linux host to do a demo.
> Can somebody help me?

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: