[mary-users] Fehler in de.txt

Tatjana Scheffler tatjana.scheffler at dfki.de
Tue Apr 27 09:52:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

by chance I noticed an error in the German pronunciation lexicon de.txt:
Rose 'ROUz

That is not the standard pronunciation for "Rose" (maybe 'Ro:-z@ would
be about right?).

Is there a good way to contribute such suggestions, in case we happen to
find more?

We also made some (just a handful so far) phonemic representations for
special vocabulary we need (in our userdict), but they are mostly street
or place names - is it worth contributing these, or is that too specific?

Finally, in order for Mary to use the "Denglish" pronunciations, does
one need to specifically mark the word as "English" in the xml input? A
sentence like "Das ist stylish" by itself doesn't seem to work.

Best,
Tatjana.

--
  Tatjana Scheffler, PhD