[mary-users] Mary-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 16

Thorsten Westermann thorstenwestermann at gmx.net
Wed Jun 23 18:34:12 CEST 2010

Hello Ingmar,

thank you for your words.

1) About the robotic sounds:
Can you please let bits 3 (German, male) speak this text?

"blargblak"?

It's really difficult to produce that robot sound with "bits 3", but in this words you can at least hear a tiny (!!!) robotic transition.
Now multiply this sounds by robot factor 20, and that's what I hear with my voice.
Do you have any idea what might cause these transitions?

Can you give me a hint what - in general - results in robotic transitions like in the "blargblak" word?

2) I thought that "engine" was more meaningful than "server", but yes, I am talking about the Mary server.

3) Is that called "intonation" when you go down with the voice at the end of a normal sentence and up at the end of a interrogative question? If yes, then: Yes, I mean intonation.
Can you let bits 3 (German, male) speak "Das will ich so." ?
He says "Das will ich so?".

Can you tell me if you also find that weird or if I am the only one who finds that strange? Can I somehow change that myself? I am not clever enough yet to change anything about the engine from a programmers perspective (else I would belong to the dev-newsgroups, I guess).

Thank you!

MfG,
Westermann