[mary-users] Mary-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 16

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Thu Jun 24 08:45:36 CEST 2010

Dear Thorsten,

On 23 Jun 2010, at 18:43, Thorsten Westermann wrote:

> To be more specific:
>
> When you have the following text spoken...
>
> "Hallo! Hallo? Hallo."
>
> ... all 3 Hallo's sound the same.

You're right, but this is due to the CARTF0Modeller predicting the same F0 targets for all three phrases at the ACOUSTPARAMS stage, even though the INTONATION specifies very distinct prosody.

This is not necessarily just a bug in the code, however. I'm not sure how the F0 classification and regression trees (CARTs) for the bits3 voice were trained, but it's possible that this is at least part of the problem.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; I'll file a bug report.