[mary-users] Strange Mary TTS results with bits3 and de7 voices on very simple German sentences

Brigitte Endres-Niggemeyer brigitte.endres-niggemeyer at fh-hannover.de
Sun Mar 28 20:31:27 CEST 2010

Dear all,

testing with the voices bits3 and de7 I obtained strange results on
very simple German sentences. I send the test data.

The passage between the verb "kaufst" and the following noun "Blumen"
or "Astern" went wrong. Why? First I thought a big block of consonants
might be a problem. But this is not true, as the "Astern" example shows.

Commands and questions do not make any difference. Is this intended in
Mary TTS 4.0?

What should I do to get better outcomes?

Cheers Brigitte