[mary-users] Problem starting the mary server

Simon Eigeldinger simon.eigeldinger at vol.at
Tue Dec 27 01:39:35 CET 2011

Hi,

I had a sighted person helping me now checking the checkboxes. after i
installed all languages and voices i got the following error while
starting the server:

java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

MARY server 4.3.1 starting as a HTTP server...Exception in thread "main"
java.la
ng.Exception: Problem starting module OpenNLPPosTagger
         at marytts.server.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:163)
         at marytts.server.Mary.startup(Mary.java:307)
         at marytts.server.Mary.startup(Mary.java:223)
         at marytts.server.Mary.main(Mary.java:518)
Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
         at
opennlp.maxent.io.GISModelReader.getParameters(GISModelReader.java:15
7)
         at
opennlp.maxent.io.GISModelReader.getModel(GISModelReader.java:82)
         at
marytts.modules.OpenNLPPosTagger.startup(OpenNLPPosTagger.java:111)
         at marytts.server.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:161)
         ... 3 more
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.IllegalStateException: MARY
system is n
ot running
         at marytts.server.Mary.shutdown(Mary.java:393)
         at marytts.server.Mary$3.run(Mary.java:299)

I'm running Win XP SP 3 with Java JRE 6 update 29.

I also tried on my debian server to start that installation and it
didn't start either.

There i use Debian 6 (Squeeze) and OpenJDK JRE 6 headless.

Does anyone know how i can solve that error?

greetings,
simon