[mary-users] Problem with voice importer

H. Sasse hgs at vermilion.plus.com
Sun Jul 24 15:42:16 CEST 2011

I've done nothing with importing voices, and I'm not familiar with the
code, but
I think I may be able to help you get a step further forwards.

On 24/07/2011 13:24, soundmodul at gmx.at wrote:
> Hi to all!
>
> I tried to created my own voice, and so i wrode textfiles (did not
> find german textfiles for reuse)
You can find plenty of free texts at Project Gutenburg.  I think there
have been changes
in how one writes German, so some of them may not be suitable.
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/de
> and recordet the wav files.
> Than i tried to use the voice import tools.
> The first tool, that sucks is the PhoneUnitLabelComputer, this tool (I
> looked into source) searches for strange chars like "^\\s*(......"

This looks like a regular expression, and it looks like the \ has been
quoted in accordance
with
http://download.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/util/regex/Pattern.html
or similar.  It means, "look for any whitespace (including none) and
then collect whatever is
in the brackets into a variable", so it will skip leading spaces or tabs
if there are any.
However, you have not explained why you believe this is the cause of
your failure.
> (XwavesLabelfileDataSource.java)
> But my *.lab files looks like this:
> ###################
> #
> 0,490000 125 _
> 0,510000 125 d
> 0,655000 125 aI
> .
> .
> .
> ###################
> I wonder, because the *.lab files looks similar than the downloadet
> example cmu_us.
> Does anyone know, what I am doing wrong?

You might get more help if you explain how you tried to use the voice
import tools.
What commands, with what arguments, did you use?  What results did you
expect?
Then what actually happened?  The important thing about debugging
problems like this is being able to reproduce the problem exactly, so it
can be analysed.
Saying that something "sucks" doesn't get people much closer to that
position.

> Thanks in advance!
     Hugh