[mary-users] Building HMM voices in 22050 Hz

Marcela Charfuelan Marcela.Charfuelan at dfki.de
Mon Apr 16 11:10:29 CEST 2012

Dear Anderson de Oliveira Monte,

The default settings are for 16Kz,
HMMVoiceConfigure.fftLen 512
HMMVoiceConfigure.frameLen 400  (0.025 sec)
HMMVoiceConfigure.frameShift 80   (0.005 sec)
HMMVoiceConfigure.freqWarp 0.42

so if you want to train with 22050, please take into account the
following settings:

HMMVoiceConfigure.fftLen 512
HMMVoiceConfigure.frameLen ~ 550  (0.025*22050)
HMMVoiceConfigure.frameShift ~ 110  (0.005*22050)
HMMVoiceConfigure.freqWarp  0.45

Frequency warping factor:
8000 FREQWARP=0.31
10000 FREQWARP=0.35
12000 FREQWARP=0.37
16000 FREQWARP=0.42
22050 FREQWARP=0.45
32000 FREQWARP=0.45
44100 FREQWARP=0.53
48000 FREQWARP=0.55

Regards,
Marcela.

On 04/13/2012 05:52 AM, Anderson de Oliveira Monte wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was able to build and install in MARY TTS a Brazilian Portuguese HMM
> Voice using wav files that were downsampled to 16000Hz.
>
> Now I'm trying to build another voice with the same wav files in their
> original sampling rate (22050Hz). I've made two attempts, each one
> with the following sets of external programs:
>
> *_RECOMMENDED SET (by MARY's HMM-based voice building tutorial):_*
> *HTS-2.1*
> *HTK-3.4*
> *HDecode-3.4*
> *SPTK-3.2 *
> *hts_engine_API-1.01 *
> *========================================================================*
> *_ALTERNATIVE SET:_*
> *HTS-2.1.1*
> *HTK-3.4.1*
> *HDecode-3.4.1*
> *SPTK-3.3 *
> *hts_engine_API-1.03*
>
> With the RECOMMENDED set, I was able to build and install the voice in
> MARY without erros. However, it's impossible to understand what it
> says (I believe it has something to do with the alignment step,
> although no error was reported during the whole voice building
> process). With the ALTERNATIVE set, I was able to build a nice voice,
> better than the one in 16000Hz (I checked it at the directories under
> "hts/gen/qst001/ver1/1mix/"), but errors ocurred when the training
> process tried to synthesize waveforms using the hts-engine (not only
> in version 1.03, but also in versions 1.01 and 1.06). In addition to
> that, I tried to install and use this voice in MARY TTS, but errors
> also occurred when the MARY SERVER tried to load it.
>
> I would like to know if anybody has already built a HMM voice in
> 22050Hz in MARY. If yes, how did you solve such issues and what
> versions of the mentioned programs did you use? Is there any version
> of MARY TTS with improvements or bugfixes to solve these issues?
>
> All the best,
>
> Anderson

  Marcela Charfuelan, Researcher, DFKI GmbH
  Projektbuero Berlin, Alt-Moabit 91c, D-10559 Berlin, Germany
  Phone: +49 (0)30 23895-1821
  URL  : http://www.dfki.de/~charfuel/
  Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
  Geschaeftsfuehrung:
  Dr. Walter Olthoff
  Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
  Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes