[mary-users] Question About Mary TTS

Anderson Foscarini anderson at foscarini.biz
Thu Aug 16 15:43:39 CEST 2012

Dear Marcela,
Thanks for your support, I also want to use MARYXML input on the
MaryInterface, but I did what you told Amir to do and I got the following
error:

:marytts/user-examples/example-remote/target$ java -jar
> example-remote-5.1-SNAPSHOT.jar localhost 59125
> Mary TTS client 5.1-SNAPSHOT (impl. unknown)
> Connected to localhost:59125, Mary TTS server 5.1-SNAPSHOT (impl. unknown)
> [Fatal Error] :1:62: Element type "maryxml" must be followed by either
> attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
> Exception in thread "main" org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Element type
> "maryxml" must be followed by either attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:253)
> at
> com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:288)
> at marytts.util.dom.DomUtils.parseDocument(DomUtils.java:134)
> at marytts.util.dom.DomUtils.parseDocument(DomUtils.java:119)
> at example.MaryTTSRemote.main(MaryTTSRemote.java:39)

My input on the MaryTTSRemote.java is:

String dataString="<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\" ?>" + "<maryxml
> version=\"0.4\"xmlns:xsi=\"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance\"
> xmlns=\"http://mary.dfki.de/2002/MaryXML\" xml:lang=\"en-US\">" + "<p>
> <prosody
> contour=\"(0%,x-low)(30%,low)(50%,medium)(70%,high)(100%,x-high)\"> " + "I

Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Anderson Didoné Foscarini
anderson at foscarini.biz
Ciência da Computação
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul