[mary-users] Tibetan support ?

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 27 15:33:24 CEST 2012

Dear Tee,

unfortunately, the last Mary version to support Tibetan was 3.6, back in
2008. But you can still use that version for Tibetan synthesis.

Run the 3.6 installer, which is available at
http://mary.dfki.de/download/mary-install-3.6.0.jar

During the install process, (unless you also want support for English),
deselect the English components that are selected by default. Do select
the "mbrola" component.

When the voice installer pops up, click to download, then install, the
voice "mbrola-tib-nl2". Close the voice installer, complete the main
Mary installer.

Once installed, run the maryserver, then the maryclient, both the bin/
subdirectory of where you installed Mary. Tibetan synthesis should be up
and running.

Feel free to post additional questions if you get stuck.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

On 27/07/2012 02:11, Tee Peng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> According to the site it stats Tibetan support, but I can't see a file for this language nor I able to test it from the demo.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tee

Ingmar Steiner
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Next Generation Localisation

Multilingual Ubiquitous Speech Technology (MUSTER)
Computer Science and Informatics
University College Dublin

Speech Communication Laboratory
Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Trinity College Dublin