[mary-users] making new voices

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Fri Feb 1 15:01:38 CET 2013

Hi Josh,

the voicebuilding for the more natural-sounding unit-selection voices is
theoretically possible under Windows, but still untested. HMM-based
voices, unfortunately, cannot be built without some modifications. Both
voicebuilding variants rely on third-party tools and scripts, some of
which are extremely tricky to get working on Windows.

But we're working on improving the voicebuilding in the coming months,
so watch this space!

Best wishes,

-Ingmar