[mary-users] making new voices

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:20:30 CET 2013

Hi
do you absolutely need Linux to make new voices for openMary? can it be
done under windows? do the voice building tools work with orca? if I
wanted to make a unit selection voice of a favorite talking book
narrator could I record the wav files and just type the text
transcription of what is said in those files? and how many recordings of
sentences would I need? I would like to make a tts voice if possible of
jim dale, the guy who reads the harry potter books, and also of eric
sandvold another talking book narrator.
but I am not sure if the voice building tools are accessible. getting
the line-in cable and USB sound card won't be an issue the issue is
moreso accessibility of the tools. I'd rather do it with openmary
because I hear festival is harder to make voices for.
Josh