[mary-users] new voices

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 04:17:38 CET 2013

Hi
I downloaded the mary 5.0 .zip file and unzipped it to a folder in
windows. I notice it only comes with one female voice. so I ran the mary
components.bat file tabbed to the ngb checkbox then using NVDA object
nav clicked the checkboxes for all british voices. then hit install
using object nav. NVDA went silent so reloaded it. alt tabbed back to
the window. I managed to get past the install screen the do you wish to
proceed by hitting y and pressing enter. and then it asked if I accept
the license and no matter what I do I cannot get past this screen. Not
even OCR addon will show me the accept button. I noticed the command
line window reflects what is being done in the gui somewhat. so here is
the output. at the license screen I just hit escape. I would like to use
openmary to make audio books in windows. here is the output from the
terminal.

java version "1.6.0_30"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.5-b03, mixed mode)

dfki-obadiah selected for installation
dfki-obadiah-hsmm selected for installation
dfki-poppy selected for installation
dfki-poppy-hsmm selected for installation
dfki-prudence selected for installation
dfki-prudence-hsmm selected for installation
dfki-spike selected for installation
dfki-spike-hsmm selected for installation
Check license(s)
Lookup took 0 ms
Showing license http://mary.dfki.de/download/by-nd-3.0.html for 8 components
License not accepted. Installation of component cannot proceed.

so if anyone can help please let me know. I would really like to use
these newest voices with NVDA. and if its possible can US voices be
installed as well or would I need to re-run the installer to add USA
voices?

Josh