[mary-users] How to install voices using installer?

Robert Schuon rschuon at shoutomatic.com
Tue Apr 1 14:53:18 CEST 2014

Ingmar and Bill,

         Thank you very, very, much!  With the information given, we
were able to straighten out the issues with the voiceimport.sh, and get
it running under Eclipse.  However, the VM options had to be removed to
get it to run, as it was using them as the voiceimport options ($0, $1,
$2, etc.), rather than the paths and throwing an error.  We were able to
start the voice building process and made good progress until:

Step: Start making global variance at Mon Mar 31 18:24:49 EDT 2014
java.lang.Exception: The component HMMVoiceMakeVoice produced the following exception:
	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:297)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:  computation failed on file [/Users/shoutomatic/Documents/MaryTTS/myvoice2/]!
Command line was: [/usr/bin/perl /Users/shoutomatic/Documents/MaryTTS/myvoice2/hts/scripts/Training.pl /Users/shoutomatic/Documents/MaryTTS/myvoice2/hts/scripts/Config.pm].
	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.HMMVoiceMakeVoice.launchProcWithLogFile(HMMVoiceMakeVoice.java:185)
	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.HMMVoiceMakeVoice.compute(HMMVoiceMakeVoice.java:124)
	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:294)

So we will be troubleshooting why this happened.  All the prior steps ran flawlessly.  If anyone has any info on why this might have occurred, please let us know.  But we are definitely making progress!

Thanks,

Bob

--
ShoutOmatic.com