[mary-users] How to install voices using installer?

Nickolay V. Shmyrev nshmyrev at yandex.ru
Tue Apr 8 21:56:34 CEST 2014

Hello Robert

08.04.2014, 16:22, "Robert Schuon" <rschuon at shoutomatic.com>:

>  Thanks, Nickolay, for the information!
>
>  We tried to rerecord the 4 files that had problems, but either the Mac
>  we used or the software (redstart) has an issue, because even after the
>  old files were deleted and rerecorded, the new audio was not there, the
>  old audio was!  And no matter how many times we tried, the tokens would
>  be null, and we would throw an error.  So we ended up removing 4 audio
>  files (006.wav, 058.wav, 098.wav, and 349.wav) along with all of the
>  .txt files, and all associated .lab, .pm, .cnf, any file even remotely
>  related to them (we tried just rerunning without the .wav and .txt and
>  deleting them out of the basename.lst, but that did nothing).  We also
>  removed those filenames from the basename.lst, and were finally able to
>  get through the hmm processing.

Ok, you probably failed to wipe some cache.

>  maven err>/Users/shoutomatic/Downloads/apache-maven-3.2.1/bin/mvn: line 53: uname: command not found
>  maven err>/Users/shoutomatic/Downloads/apache-maven-3.2.1/bin/mvn: line 107: dirname: command not found
>  maven err>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/plexus/classworlds/launcher/Launcher
>  maven err>Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher
>  maven err> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
>  maven err> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>  maven err> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
>  maven err> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>  maven err> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
>  maven err> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
>  java.lang.Exception: The component HMMVoiceCompiler produced the following exception:
>          at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:297)
>  Caused by: java.io.IOException: Maven compilation did not succeed -- check console for details.
>          at marytts.tools.voiceimport.VoiceCompiler$MavenVoiceCompiler.compileWithMaven(VoiceCompiler.java:343)
>          at marytts.tools.voiceimport.VoiceCompiler.compute(VoiceCompiler.java:94)
>          at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:294)
>
>  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we are within one step of having a test voice!

Those errors are not weird, they are pretty self-explaining. Maven needed certain unix commands 'uname' and 'dirname' which were missing on your Mac. If you have maven properly installed now, it should work, you can just try again and see what happens.

> voice-my_voice2-hsmm shoutomatic$ mvn verify /Users/shoutomatic/Documents/MaryTTS/myvoice2/mary/voice-my_voice2-hsmm -e -X
Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-14T12:37:52-05:00)

This is also not weird. Maven command line do not work this way, you can not supply directory there, it's handled as a stage to build and there is no such stage. This is what maven output tells you. Mary's MavenCompiler runs 'mvn verify' only without any arguments, you should try this command without folder name and without -e and -X.