[mary-users] Long text conversion (Howto) / Assign more RAM to java VM

Dirk Jorge Guerrero mensajesenlinea at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:47:07 CET 2014

Good afternoon,

* I would like to translate long texts with MARY TTS.

** I installed MARY TTS with this file because my java version was
compatible:

openmary-standalone-install-4.3.1.jar

java version "1.6.0_33"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.13.5) (6b33-1.13.5-2~deb7u1)

*** I heard about the option to expand the memory (RAM) for the java VM
in order to be able to translate long texts.

In general, if I understand things right the common command on a Linux
shell would be:

$> java -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar my_javafile.jar

(Is this command right?)

**** In my MARY TTS/bin/ folder I see:

n$ ls
cygwin1.dll  mary-component-installer  mbrola-darwin-ppc
emospeak     maryserver                mbrola-linux-i386
maryclient   mbrola_cygwin.exe         mbrola-solaris

***** What do I need to do translate long texts in my client, when I
basically know
how to start the SERVER and the CLIENT -- but only basically - if I only
know
how to translate shorts fragments of text?

Any help will be appreciated so much!

Thank you very much for your kind attention to this message!

Kind regards,

Dirk