[mary-users] German voice source files available?

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Wed Apr 26 08:21:34 CEST 2017

Hi Hendrik,

the published voices are all open source, and available on GitHub. The
German BITS voices use data that is *not* freely available. However, the
data for the German PAVOQUE voices is available under a CC-BY-NC-SA license.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

On 26.04.17 00:54, Hendrik Motza wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I could try to create further german voices for marytts. I
> already found the link
> (http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cmu_arctic/packed/cmu_us_slt_arctic-0.95-release.tar.bz2)
> to thecmu arctic voice files. I was wondering if there are also voice
> files available for german voices (bits or maybe others)?
> Apart from the wav files I am especially interested in the
> transcription. I would like to see the training sentences used by others
> to create german voices. I guess the choice of sentences can affect the
> quality of the results or at least reduce the neccessary amount of
> recordings to reach good results.
>
> Does anyone know where to get such german voice files from or can
> suggest a set of training sentences?
>
> Thx in advance!
>
> Hendrik

/**
  * Dr. Ingmar Steiner
  *
  * Head of Independent Research Group
  * Multimodal Speech Processing
  * Cluster of Excellence MMCI
  *
  * Senior Researcher
  * Multilingual Technologies Lab
  * German Research Center for
  * Artificial Intelligence (DFKI GmbH)
  *
  * Principal Investigator
  * Collaborative Research Center SFB-1102
  * Information Density and Linguistic Encoding
  *
  * Adjunct Assistant Professor
  * Department of Computer Science
  * Department of Computational Linguistics & Phonetics
  * Saarland University
  *
  * Campus C7.4, Room 2.01
  * D-66123 Saarbrücken