[Rock-dev] [robot-toolchain] plugins, namespaces and header installation

Thomas Roehr thomas.roehr at dfki.de
Mon Dec 20 14:24:03 CET 2010

On 20.12.2010 12:19, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> There are two possible policies for namespaces and headers for C++
> plugins. We need to define a rule, as it would apply to all kinds of
> plugin-based extensions we have, as for instance vizkit, mars, ...
>
> Example: planning/corridor_planner defines a vizkit plugin. Two options:
>
>    1. the plugin class is defined in the namespace of the library it is
>       extending. Theferore, we get vizkit::CorridorPlannerVisualization
>       and the header is installed in
>       vizkit/CorridorPlannerVisualization.hpp

Might make it easier to see what plugins exist in an installation,
though I would then add a plugins level (folder and namespace) within vizkit
  vizkit/plugins/CorridorPlannerVisualization.hpp
and vizkit::plugins::CorridorPlannerVisualization

or to have an even stronger separation between core and plugins put it
in viskit_plugins/ ?

>    2. the plugin class is defined in the namespace of the library that
>       defines it. Therefore, we get corridor_planner::Visualization and
>       the header is installed in corridor_planner/Visualization.hpp

A bit too loose in my eyes ..
> Thoughts ?
>

> Sylvain

Thomas Röhr (M.Sc.)