[Rock-dev] Enview is dead. Long live Vizkit.

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Thu Dec 23 09:48:02 CET 2010

On 12/22/2010 08:13 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> Am 22.12.2010 um 14:40 schrieb Jakob Schwendner:
>> Currently Vizkit only holds the tools for 3d visualisation components
>> based on OpenSceneGraph, but I don't see why it shouldn't contain 2d
>> stuff also (maybe the widget grid stuff?).
> widget_grid is based on ruby/orocos.rb and has different requirements for its plugins. Therefore I would not mix them up. Personally I would put widget_grid into orocos.rb after it is stable maybe with a different name (Orocos::Viz for example).
Hm, I guess I would actually have to take another look what exactly it
is you are doing, but in any case keeping all that in gui seems more
sensible to me than putting it into tools. I know, its more handling the
connection side (and supplies widgets), but I don't see why that
couldn't be part of a visualization kit. Packaging and naming could be
argued of course...

Jakob

--
Jakob Schwendner, M.Sc.