[Rock-dev] Rock.cmake

Peter Soetens peter at thesourceworks.com
Mon Apr 18 23:06:14 CEST 2011

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Sylvain Joyeux <sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de> wrote:
> On 04/18/2011 05:08 PM, Peter Soetens wrote:
>>
>> rosmake == autoproj (manage inter-project+OS dependencies and builds)
>> rosbuild  == autobuild (build a single package
>
> Yes, I know but I still make lapsus when I write the two names.
>
>> rosmake and rosbuild are independent of each other. The latter is only a
>> set
>> of utility macros, like UseOrocos-RTT.cmake.
>
> Regardless, unless rosbuild2 is already out (I saw that there was a
> pkg-config export plan), to build "normal" cmake packages that use ros
> packages, one needs to use one of the ros* tools to get the cflags / ldflags
> right (rosfind / rospack AFAIK).

Not for us. The UseOrocos-RTT.cmake macros keep track of the libraries
built and add these to a generated .pc file. At the same time, they
import these .pc flags when you depend on them in your manifest.xml OR
use the orocos_use_package() macro for a 'hidden' dependency[1]. Works
for installed and in-tree builds (we generate two .pc files with
different paths).

So UseOrocos-rtt.cmake already implemented a part of rosbuild2, and is
more working in the spirit of autoproj.

Peter

[1] http://www.gitorious.org/orocos-toolchain/rtt/blobs/master/UseOROCOS-RTT-helpers.cmake