[Rock-dev] Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod

Chris Mueller christoph.mueller at dfki.de
Mon Dec 5 11:45:07 CET 2011

Hi,

i'm currently working on our bridge for mapping a planning interface
defined in roby to our fipa implementation.

I have a small problem where i need to distinct between these two
different definition:

* define("core", Cmp::Bla)  # e.g. defined in config/deployments/bla.rb
* method(:move) ... #     e.g. defined in planners/bla/main.rb

i'm accessing the interface from a MainPlanner instance via:
interface  =  MainPlanner.new(Roby.plan)
and use: interface.model.planning_methods

Unfortanetely for my current propose these two types of definitions are
mixed together in the following structure:

#<struct Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod name="move", model=nil,
description=#<Roby::Planning::MethodDescription:0x7faed5915970 @doc=["Go
back to root position"], @arguments=[]>, instances=nil>
#<struct Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod name="core", model=nil,
description=#<Roby::Planning::MethodDescription:0x7faed591be10 @doc=nil,
@arguments=[]>, instances=nil>

Does anyone have an idea how to filter this structure between
planning_methods and 'defines'? Or do
we have an instance in the system, which can provide only an array of
'defines' ?

If not so, can we maybe extend the Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod
structure with an additional field, which marks the type of
PlanningMethod (e.g. type = :define or type = :planner) ?

Chris