[Rock-dev] Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Mon Dec 5 11:51:42 CET 2011

On 12/05/2011 11:45 AM, Chris Mueller wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea how to filter this structure between
> planning_methods and 'defines'? Or do
> we have an instance in the system, which can provide only an array of
> 'defines' ?
Why do you want to distinguish ?

> If not so, can we maybe extend the Roby::Planning::PlanningMethod
> structure with an additional field, which marks the type of
> PlanningMethod (e.g. type = :define or type = :planner) ?
The orocos/roby plugin automatically defines new planning methods based
on the defines. This was a good first step, but sucks in the long term.
In the future, I would like to make these exports "explicit", i.e. have
people say in the planner class, "orogen_import_define <define_name>" or
"orogen_import_all_defines" to get this functionality)

By the way, you will have the same issues with devices, which have a
corresponding interface method called #{device_name}_device
--
Sylvain Joyeux (Dr.Ing.)
Space & Security Robotics

!!! Achtung, neue Telefonnummer!!!