[Rock-dev] Create BaseType for FibreOpticGyro

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Fri Jul 15 10:54:38 CEST 2011

On 07/15/2011 10:41 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
> These FOG Can configured in different Operation Modes
> - Like an Normal Gyro menas output  is in rad/s) ((only used way currently)
> - In Integrated mode, means the FOG Accumulates the Rotation and
> Represent an Angle since lastReset.
Is there a difference between having the gyro itself in integrated mode
and doing the integration in the component ?

> - Or "\delta rad" from the Last Sample.
I would completely drop that mode.

> There are Different Ways i can go:
> 1. Make one Device Generic Datatype (current State)
> 2. Use for rad/s the IMU Sensors Data type and extend it to handle
> "invalid" sensors and dimension (like the rbs), and don't handle the others
> 3. Create an Generic 1-D Rotation Datatype in base Types
Just like that, I would say that (2) is the way to go, since a gyro is
an IMU sensor (and it exists 2D / 3D FOGs, so at least they would share
the same datatypes)