[Rock-dev] Rock Tutorials

Sascha Arnold sascha.arnold at dfki.de
Wed Jul 20 14:47:40 CEST 2011

In the last month I started to create some rock tutorials.
I had to interrupt it until now, because of the sauc-e and some exams.

Here is what I started to do for the rock-robotic page:

Index page:
- how to checkout the tutorials package_set

Rock tutorial 1:
- create one orocos task and feed a existing vizkit plugin library, the
task has an input port base::Pose
- build a ruby script that starts the task and updates the pose
basically (I'm not sure if this is really useful)

Rock tutorial 2:
- create a second orocos task in the same composition, which has an
input port base::MotionCommand2D and as output port base::Pose.
- create or modify the ruby script so it connects the tasks and updates
the task with a simple motion command

Rock tutorial 3:
- use joystick_local from controldev and connect it to the task of the
second tutorial and control the vizkit plugin with a joystick.
- for this tutorial a joystick is needed.

Vizkit tutorial:
- how to create a simple vizkit plugin.

Advanced vizkit tutorial:
- how to create a ruby script that instantiates and feeds a vizkit
plugin without using an orocos task.

There will already exist an implemented orocos component, a vizkit
plugin library and all the ruby scripts in the rock tutorials package_set.

regards,
Sascha