[Rock-dev] Rock Tutorials

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Wed Jul 20 15:09:38 CEST 2011

I recommend to have an (if it's not in the index page).

  A Short "that's the example for an existing projekt" intro.

Check out all the (rolling-rock) examples and run it.
- Show it
- Control it with keyboard/mouse
- Show it on Machine 1, Control it from Machine 2

Only to give the new-user/developer candidate an overview how easy it is
if the software exists and give him an nice feeling.

Matthias

On 20.07.2011 14:47, Sascha Arnold wrote:
> In the last month I started to create some rock tutorials.
> I had to interrupt it until now, because of the sauc-e and some exams.
>
> Here is what I started to do for the rock-robotic page:
>
> Index page:
> - how to checkout the tutorials package_set
>
> Rock tutorial 1:
> - create one orocos task and feed a existing vizkit plugin library,
> the task has an input port base::Pose
> - build a ruby script that starts the task and updates the pose
> basically (I'm not sure if this is really useful)
>
> Rock tutorial 2:
> - create a second orocos task in the same composition, which has an
> input port base::MotionCommand2D and as output port base::Pose.
> - create or modify the ruby script so it connects the tasks and
> updates the task with a simple motion command
>
> Rock tutorial 3:
> - use joystick_local from controldev and connect it to the task of the
> second tutorial and control the vizkit plugin with a joystick.
> - for this tutorial a joystick is needed.
>
> Vizkit tutorial:
> - how to create a simple vizkit plugin.
>
> Advanced vizkit tutorial:
> - how to create a ruby script that instantiates and feeds a vizkit
> plugin without using an orocos task.
>
> There will already exist an implemented orocos component, a vizkit
> plugin library and all the ruby scripts in the rock tutorials package_set.
>
> regards,
> Sascha

  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik