[Rock-dev] ESA SOCIS - Telemetry Module

Benjamin Bittner bittner at science.uva.nl
Fri Jul 22 17:54:45 CEST 2011

Dear ROCK developers,

I'm Benjamin Bittner from Italy and would like to submit my ESA SOCIS application
for your project, specifically for the telemetry module idea.

It seems very interesting, as it might give a good use case for my MSc thesis, which
will be (hopefully) about sensor placement for diagnosability, and thus an orthogonal
way to reduce telemetry volume w.r.t. your proposal.

I was wondering if ROCK users usually use a model-based approach to design before
implementing their systems, and thus if there are some formal models available. And
also, what kind of use/test cases for the telemetry compression module did you have
in mind?

Another question: is there somewhere a list of projects that use the ROCK toolchain?

Last but not least: What is your reference system (Linux distro/version) for development?
I would like to have a look at the software already before the application.

Thank you very much!

Cheers,
Benjamin