[Rock-dev] eigen on 32 Bit machines and rock base types

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Thu Mar 24 14:01:47 CET 2011

On 03/24/2011 01:42 PM, Alexander Duda wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 13:08 +0100, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
>> On 03/24/2011 11:40 AM, Alexander Duda wrote:
>>> I am using eigen on a 32 Bit machine and running in lots of unaligned
>>> array asserts. Is there any reason why for example RigidBodyState does
>>> not have a EIGEN_MAKE_ALIGNED_OPERATOR_NEW macro call. Or is it just
>>> missing.
>> You can't use it for types that are going on the RTT dataflow. Look at
>> the orocos-dev (or orocos-users) mailing list for an extensive
>> explanation and discussion.
> That would mean that you can not use for an example RigidBodyState as a
> class member like it is extensively done by the transformer.
>
> Or do I miss something?
>
> Alex

Yes, you can. The types in base have the DontAlign template option set,
which means, they do not need to be aligned. No macro needed here. Look
in base/eigen.h... the only problem is that the quaternion does not
provide this flag in eigen2. This is why we need to switch to eigen3 for
this.

Jakob

--
Jakob Schwendner, M.Sc.