[Rock-dev] <base/motion_command.h>

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Nov 7 15:36:55 CET 2011

On 07.11.2011 15:31, Chris Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Each kind of sensor samples (LaserScan, SonarBeam, Frame) already
> provides a timestamp.
>
> I'm currently missing one in all structs in the header
> <base/motion_command.h>.
> In my case: I especially need a timestamp for AUVMotionCommand, which i
> need for a simple
> motion prediction.
>
> Do you mind we can extend these base types with an additional variable:
>
> base::Time time?
>
> (Or is there a specific reason we don't have one there).
>
> Chris

I'm fine with it.
Please add (if not availible) an constructor and set the time to zero on
the initialization.

What's with the other motion commands like AUVPositionCommand and
MotionCommand2D, from my point of view there should be also an timestamp.

Should it be added to all MotionCommands to be consistent?

Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik